The aim of the Ryder-Cheshire Ivanhoe Home is to provide comfortable and supportive, low cost accommodation to patients and their carers coming to Melbourne for hospital treatment. The cost to residents is kept to a minimum and is usually tied to the amount claimable from the patient travel assistance scheme of their home state. Eligibility and payments vary from state to state. For example, the current charge for Victorian patients living more than 100kms away from the GPO is $45 per person per night.
- There is also a $20 key deposit payable at the time of checking in and fully refundable when checking out
- Residents are responsible for the costs of calls made from the land line telephones at the Ivanhoe Home
- For stays of less than 5 days accounts must be paid prior to checking out.
- If unable to claim from the patient travel assistance scheme, accounts are to be paid on a weekly basis
- We accept payment by cash, cheque and EFTPOS
If a person is not eligible for assistance from the relevant government patient travel assistance scheme or is experiencing great financial difficulty, please discuss your situation with the social worker at your treating hospital and with the staff member on duty in reception at the Ivanhoe Home.
Forms for various state government travel assistance schemes are available from the social work department of the treating hospital. Victorian travel assistance forms are also available from the office at the Ivanhoe Home.