Patients and their carers coming from the country, interstate and overseas for treatment at hospitals in Melbourne are eligible to apply for accommodation at the Ryder-Cheshire Ivanhoe Home. Initial bookings must be made or confirmed via a social worker, liaison nurse or other professional at the treating hospital.
Enquiries about accommodation may be made by phone during office hours on (03) 9254 2400. However, initial bookings are only confirmed when the appropriate form with completed details is received from the treating hospital. Residents who have previously stayed at the Ivanhoe Home may make subsequent bookings directly themselves.
The Ivanhoe Home is often fully booked, therefore making bookings well ahead of time is always advisable.
Any hospital in Melbourne is eligible to refer patients and carers to the Ivanhoe Home for accommodation. Social workers, liaison nurses, doctors and other staff members are welcome to contact us to discuss our services and facilities, check the availability of accommodation and initiate a referral. Please telephone (03) 9254 2400 during office hours.
Some of the main referring hospitals for the Ivanhoe Home are listed below -
- Alfred Hospital (Prahran)
- Austin Health (Heidelberg, Heidelberg Repatriation and Royal Talbot)
- Box Hill Hospital
- East Melbourne Radiation Oncology Centre
- Epworth Hospital ( Freemasons, Richmond and Box Hill)
- North Eastern Rehab Centre (Ivanhoe)
- Mercy Women’s Hospital (Heidelberg)
- Peter MacCallum Hospital (East Melbourne and Box Hill)
- Royal Children’s Hospital (Parkville)
- Royal Melbourne Hospital (Parkville)
- St Vincent’s Hospital (Fitzroy)
- Warringal Private Hospital (Heidelberg)